Our flexible protection gives you the ability to bounce back from financial difficulties.
Protection provides peace of mind by protecting valuable assets in times of unexpected accident, sickness or involuntary unemployment. As well as mortgage and rent payments, the policy will protect other regular, provable, monthly commitments including insurances, loans, utility bills and council tax.
Key Benefits and Options:
- All employment types covered, including self employed and contract workers*, directors or business partners.
- Provides a maximum benefit of 75% of salary or £3,000 a month, whichever is the lesser.
- Choice of excess – in addition to Back to Day One cover, 30-60 days excess is available.
- Extended monthly benefits, giving cover for between 12 and 24 months benefit for accident or sickness.
- Life and terminal illness benefit options.
- Choice of terms available – in addition to a monthly premium, single premium rates can be supplied over terms of up to 84 months.
- Flexible monthly benefit splits – in case of joint applications, the monthly benefit can be split to best suit your needs.
The plan is available to anyone over 18 and under 65 at the end date.
(All cover ends at the normal retirement age, which means the state pension age as defined by the Department of Work and Pensions, or the date you retire from work, or you receive an occupational pension, whichever comes soonest.)
- Be working and have been for at least the previous 6 months
- Be in full time employment in the United Kingdom.
The aim is to be clear about what is and what is not covered. The main exclusions have been highlighted below. For further information and full details of all the exclusions, please see the policy conditions. The main exclusions include:
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- Voluntary unemployment
- Unemployment due to seasonal work.
- Claims arising from alcohol or drug related illness.